DAYTONA 2023 SHUFFLE DRAFT – THE PICKS ARE IN!
Live Draft Update 6:30pm CST Saturday, March 4, 2023: Here’s our draft update including players placed on the waiver wire, pickups, and trades to date. The order below was also the pick order. Teams selected their new players on Saturday, March 4 between the time window of 12-9pm. The trade window fully closes on March 10th.
- COLUMBUS PICKLEBALL CLUB – PLACED BECKY RYAN ON THE WAIVER WIRE, PICKED UP JILL BRAVERMAN, THEN TRADED JILL FOR MEGAN FUDGE (DALLAS PICKLEBALL CLUB).
- MIAMI PICKLEBALL CLUB – PLACED MATT MANASSE ON THE WAIVER WIRE, THEN SELECTED BRENDON LONG.
- DALLAS PICKLEBALL CLUB – PLACED CHUCK TAYLOR ON THE WAIVER WIRE, THEN CHOSE DANIEL DE LA ROSA.
- AZ DRIVE – PLACED SARAH BURR ON THE WAIVER WIRE, THEN PICKED UP HEATHER NOBLER.
- D.C. PICKLEBALL TEAM – PLACED MONICA PAOLICELLI ON THE WAIVER WIRE, THEN TOOK AMANDA HENDRY.
- TEXAS RANCHERS – PLACED STEVE DEAKIN ON THE WAIVER WIRE, THEN SELECTED SCOTT DOERNER.
- BROOKLYN ACES – PLACED CIERRA GAYTAN-LEACH ON THE WAIVER WIRE, THEN CHOSE HURRICANE TYRA BLACK.
Available Draft Pool Update, March 3, 2023: The Challenger Shuffle Draft for Daytona has begun! We will post trades, waiver placements, and pickups as they come in throughout the week. Here are the available athletes. Our group of ladies is listed first, sorted by highest DUPR Doubles first. The men’s list appears below the ladies list. Players placed on waiver are highlighted in orange and players highlighted in red have a DUPR Doubles half-life under 10. Half-life measures how many matches you’ve played and how recent they are.
DAYTONA SHUFFLE DRAFT – ELIGIBLE WOMEN
DAYTONA SHUFFLE DRAFT – ELIGIBLE MEN
Timeline for Challenger Level Daytona Shuffle Draft:
2/7: Shuffle Draft Application Form is open for new players and players previously undrafted, to confirm intent to play at Daytona. Trade window opens.
2/28: Draft Application form closes. This is the deadline for players to apply.
3/1: MLP will publish the list of players to owners.
3/2: Owners must disclose to MLP confidentially, the player that each team wants to drop, if any.
3/3: MLP will publish to owners the list of all the players including new players and those placed on the waiver wire by all teams.
3/4: Teams with picks will text/email their waiver wire pickups to the Commissioner on a preset schedule based on the # of picks.
3/5: MLP will publish all waiver wire transactions and players drafted.
3/10: The trade window closes and all rosters are now set.
There will be no change in Premier Level teams for the first three events in 2023. Good luck to all applicants!